Sunday, January 12, 2014

so time has motion

It's been a long while since I've posted on this blog, my only real blog actually. It's also been a long while since I've actually had the peace of mind and soul to sit and think things out as it seems the past two years have blinked, blurred and blown by with only scars left as recognition that any of it happened. Much has happened, much hasn't and never will happen, but what else is there aside from NOW?

So I've begun creating lots of things, exploring lots of things. The digital world will never make much sense to me, as I believe it's reached a crescendo of interface ability and can only get more weird and spun off in the coming times. With that said, I still post on my instagram and my tumblr and now here I suppose, as a conscious action and choice to reach out to whoever else is wandering the intraweb with their digital appendages, but for what exactly? My answer: to connect. For as hesitant as we are in the physical dimension, we should not be so apprehensive in the digital. Yes it is still us, or rather a version of us, an avatar, but still, there is some essence I believe, something living within our digitized personas. So let us connect. Let us not be, or become, idle voyeurs, mentally masturbating our curiosities by merely viewing life, or this digitized life, at a distance, from the imaginary safe havens we assume we're in. To me, it is only through direct communication and connection that we can become expressions of the true intentions of the designers and creators of the internet: to connect and spread HONEST-conscious experience and understanding with one another, to question our seemingly 'bound' understanding of what it means to be human and on this planet, for someday soon we won't have the opportunities we have today, right NOW.

And to share with this digital world, a bit of what I've been creating, here's an image from the book/collection of assemblage/collage pieces I've been working on for the past few months. Just finished the book of 98 pieces last week and had to spend many many many hours at UCI scanning them, luckily for me they have a large format scanner for me to utilize. here's a sneak peak at what's to come.

No comments: